Pie for breakfast? You better believe it. This pumpkin flavored oatmeal definitely delivers. Despite tasting like dessert, it’s healthy too.
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Place the water and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir to dissolve salt, and bring to a boil. Add oatmeal, and stir to combine. Turn heat down to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the water has been absorbed completely.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar. Return to the stove and continue to cook over low heat, until warmed through.
- Divide oatmeal between two bowls. Top with pecans and syrup before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Oatmeal
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: oatmeal, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, brown sugar, breakfast