Spice up breakfast with a bowl of this warm and nourishing breakfast quinoa flavored with pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- ⅓ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ⅔ cup water or milk
- 2 tablespoons canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds, or chopped walnuts
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and fluff with fork. Stir in pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour quinoa porridge into bowl and top with nuts. Enjoy immediately.
Nutritional information below includes whole milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Porridge
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: quinoa, gluten-free, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg