Breakfast is a wonderful time to treat yourself, and there’s no better way to do it than with our Overnight Raspberry and Chocolate French Toast Casserole.
For the Casserole:
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 loaf French bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (about 16 oz or 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray. Add the bread to the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Pour evenly over the bread. Press the bread down into the pan, making sure it soaks up all the liquid so there are no dry spots on top. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add butter pieces to the dry ingredients and cut it in with two knives or a pastry blender, until all pieces are pea-sized or smaller. Cover with plastic wrap. Place baking pan and bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Sprinkle raspberries on casserole, and sprinkle crumble topping evenly on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes until top is golden brown and mixture is set.
- Serve with butter and raspberry or maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast casserole, French toast, French toast casserole, chocolate, raspberry