Do you need a go-to basic biscuit recipe in your breakfast repertoire? Get baking with Foodal’s easy and simple buttermilk biscuits.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed butter, and use a pastry cutter to incorporate it into the flour mixture until the larger lumps are reduced to pea-sized pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir with a sturdy wooden spoon or with your hands, combining everything until a thick dough forms. Do not overmix.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup or a small ice cream scoop, scoop and gently pack the dough. Drop in mounds on the prepared baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Category: Biscuits
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: buttermilk, biscuit, drop biscuit