A spicy way to start your morning, try this cheesy chorizo and potato frittata. It has heaps of cheddar cheese and savory Spanish sausage.
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup semicured Spanish chorizo, casing removed (about 6 ounces)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green scallions, white and green parts (1-2 large)
- In a medium-size stockpot, add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add diced red potatoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain water and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk until fully incorporated and frothy, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a medium-sized, oven-safe saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Wait 1 minute, or until oil is hot.
- Add ground chorizo and garlic. Reduce heat to low, and stir occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and butter. Stir until butter melts completely.
- Stir in salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Add eggs, half-and-half, sharp cheddar, and scallions. Gently stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and the center is cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Category: Eggs
- Method: Stovetop/Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: frittata, egg, chorizo, potato, cheese