Get your fill of greens in this fluffy spinach pie that’s erupting with leafy goodness, velvety cream cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- 9 ounces homemade or store bought pie dough, slightly chilled
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 3 ounces plain cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- If you’re using homemade pie dough, roll it out onto a piece of floured parchment paper to about 11 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the dough (or pre-made crust) onto a 9-inch round tart or cake pan. Neatly crimp and push in the edges to fit the sides of the pan. Trim off any excess dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl), beat the cream cheese until smooth. On medium-low speed, beat in the cream and eggs until thoroughly combined. Mix in the spinach, cheeses, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust, and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set, about 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Quiche
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast/Brunch
Keywords: quiche, pie, spinach, cheese