The most delicious breakfast you’ll ever have on a weekday! The veggies are chopped the night before, then tossed in a skillet in the morning and scrambled with egg. Less than 15 minutes later you’ll have a delicious, vegetable packed meal under your belt, ready to fight the day! A healthy, gluten-free, and Keto-friendly recipe that won’t load you down with heavy carb load.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 4 oz (half box) mushrooms, sliced
- 5 medium brussels sprouts, sliced lengthwise
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of whole wheat bread, optional
- butter, vegan or otherwise, optional
- Prep all the vegetables the night before, or in the morning if you have time.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss all the veggies in the skillet together (including the garlic and pepper), mix well and cook, stirring every now and then until starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat together with a fork. If desired, add some salt to the eggs (I’d guess about 1/4 tsp, but we never measure).
- If you want to cook the eggs separately, heat another skillet over medium heat. Grease with non-stick spray, then add the eggs and cook, stirring very often with a spatula, until almost cooked but still runny. Dump the cooked eggs into the pan with the veggies and stir until evenly distributed.
- Alternatively, add the beaten eggs directly to the pan with the veggies and cook, stirring often, until the eggs are almost cooked (this is our preferred method – fewer pans!).
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately. Season to taste with salt and freshly milled pepper. Serve with toast if desired.
- Category: Eggs
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: veggie, vegetable, breakfast, scrambled eggs, scramble, skillet, gluten-free, healthy, nutritious, quick, easy, Keto