Give breakfast a healthier makeover with these simple whole grain pancakes, topped with pure maple syrup and fresh berries.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅛ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing skillet
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, fresh berries, or your favorite toppings (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. There should still be a few lumps remaining.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Once hot, pour ¼ cup of batter onto skillet.
- Cook for a couple minutes, until bubbles form on top and start to pop. Flip, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pancakes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: buttermilk pancakes, whole grain, whole grain pancakes, buttermilk, pancakes