Looking for a foolproof, impressive dessert that’s raw and vegan, too? You’re going to love this indulgent cashew cream chocolate cheesecake.
For the Cashew Cream:
- 3 cups raw cashew pieces
- 6 cups warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Crust:
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, raw honey, or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons raw virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, raw honey, or agave syrup
- Place cashews, 6 cups warm water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Cover with a lid or kitchen towel and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, or up to 12 hours.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Make the crust by placing pecans, dates, cacao powder, salt, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is crumbly, but sticks together when pressed.
- Using a rubber spatula, scoop crust mixture into prepared springform pan and press it into an even layer. Place pan in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Strain soaked cashews into a colander. Transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Add maple syrup, water, and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add cacao powder and coconut oil, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour filling on top of crust, and smooth it out with a rubber spatula or back of a spoon.
- Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2-4 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, prepare chocolate drizzle. Place cacao powder, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until coconut oil has melted, about 3 minutes. Stir well to combine.
- Remove pan from freezer, and run a butter knife around the edge. Release and remove the springform collar. Drizzle the chocolate mixture on top. Slice and enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: raw, vegan, cashew cream, cheesecake, cocoa powder