Made without eggs or dairy, this one-pan fudgy chocolate cake is a no-frills dessert that’s perfect for birthdays or potlucks.
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (21 g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (216 g) granulated sugar (vegan, or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water or hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in an 8×8” baking pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, make three wells in the dry mixture.
- Pour vanilla extract into one well, vinegar into another, and oil into the third. Then pour hot water or coffee over all the ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into 9 equal pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: dessert, cake, chocolate cake, vegan dessert, chocolate