Have some extra heavy cream in the fridge that you’re desperate to use up? Make a simple and elegant cream cake dusted with powdered sugar.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until a thick, light yellow, lightly whipped mixture forms.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another separate small bowl, mix together the heavy cream and vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate adding the dry ingredients and wet ingredients to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the dry mix. Beat just until a thick batter forms, without overmixing.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared bundt pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is puffy and light golden brown, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before inverting and removing from the pan. Let the cake cool completely on the wire rack.
- Once cooled, dust a light coating of powdered sugar on the top of the cake and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: heavy cream, cake, vanilla, bundt cake