A cake you can eat as a snack? Perfect. Our moist gluten-free honey almond butter cake is a healthier option for those sweet snack cravings. Read more now.
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (about 12 ounces) creamy plain almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-by-8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly coat the bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt by hand.
- Add the almond butter, honey, 1/4 cup almond milk, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl. Attach the bowl to the stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until a smooth and thick batter forms, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula and mix again for 30 seconds.
- If you want to add a cinnamon swirl, set aside 1/4 cup of batter in a small bowl. Pour the remaining cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Using a spatula, mix the reserved cake batter with 1 tablespoon almond milk and cinnamon. Randomly dollop the cinnamon batter on top of the batter in the pan. Use a butter knife to lightly swirl the dollops throughout the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cake is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes before lifting the paper and removing from the pan to cool completely on a cooking rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Gluten Free
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cake
Keywords: gluten free, almond butter, almond flour, honey, cinnamon