With a slice of macadamia nut coconut cake, you will sail away to tropical bliss. The flavorful crunch in each bite is pure decadence.
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup chopped roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons passion fruit juice
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Add butter and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined between each addition.
- Add half of the flour, and beat until just combined on low speed. Add milk and beat until just combined. Add remaining flour and beat until just combined.
- Fold in vanilla extract, coconut extract, nuts, and 1/2 cup shredded coconut until combined.
- Transfer batter to the pan. Bake for 70-80 minutes, until set and golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on wire rack, for about 2 hours.
- When completely cool, make the glaze. Whisk together juice and sifted confectioners’ sugar until smooth and glossy. Spoon the glaze over the cake and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: cake, macadamia nut, coconut, passion fruit