Moist orange pound cake, made with fresh clementine juice and topped with a sweet white chocolate glaze, will bring a burst of sunshine into your home.
For the Cake:
- 14 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks), divided
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 clementine (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (5.25 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon clementine zest (from about 3 clementines)
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (4.6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipped cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Use 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a standard 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Cut remaining butter into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, vanilla, juice, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and beat well with a fork, about 30 seconds.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add clementine zest. Beat at medium speed, then begin adding the remaining butter a few pieces at a time. Make sure to incorporate well after each addition before adding more.
- Slowly pour in the milk mixture, beating constantly until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute on high power, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together white chocolate, heavy cream, sugar, and orange zest in a bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: orange, clementine, white chocolate, pound cake