Need to satisfy a chocolate craving ASAP? With our microwave chocolate mug cake, you’ll have the perfect single serving of an indulgent dessert in minutes.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- In a standard size microwave-safe coffee mug (about a 2-cup capacity), mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a fork or mini whisk.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until a thoroughly combined batter forms.
- Mix half of the chocolate chips into the batter. Evenly scatter the remaining chocolate chips directly on top of the batter.
- Immediately microwave uncovered for 60 to 90 seconds on high, until the cake is puffy and is mostly dry to the touch on the surface. The baking time will vary depending on your microwave’s wattage.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool for 2 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
- Cook Time: 1 minute, 30 seconds
- Category: Cake
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: chocolate cake, microwave, mug cake, chocolate chips, cocoa powder