Craving cake? This fast and easy vegan chocolate cake is made with pantry staples, requires just one bowl, and takes only 35 minutes to bake.
- 1 cup (96 grams) whole wheat pastry flour, plus extra for dusting the pan
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) almond meal
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (84 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch pan with canola oil and lightly dust with flour. Shake off any excess.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, almond meal, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in water, oil, and vanilla extract with a fork, until no lumps remain.
- Stir in vinegar until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: vegan, cake, chocolate, almond meal, whole wheat flour