Sweetened with honey and rolled in coconut, these tasty truffles packed with ground almonds are a healthy take on candy that you’ll dig.
- 3/4 cup whole raw almonds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Add the almonds, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut, the honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt to a food processor or high-speed blender. Using 1-second pulses, pulse for about 10-15 seconds, scraping the sides down as needed, until the ingredients form a cohesive paste that still has some texture.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the mixture until slightly hardened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the remaining shredded coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Using a tablespoon as your guide, form the paste into a ball with your hands, and then roll it in the shredded coconut to coat. Place the ball in a mini cupcake liner and transfer to a large plate or platter. Repeat with the remaining almond-coconut mixture.
- Cover the plate of finished truffles with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to chill and harden for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Nuts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Snack
Keywords: coconut, ball, almond, snack, honey