Learn how to make chocolaty peanut butter cups at home. Garnished with flaky sea salt, they pack an impressive depth of flavor.
- 1 pound milk or dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Line two mini muffin pan with 30-35 mini muffin liners. Set aside.
- Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each muffin liner, using the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate halfway up the sides of the liner, making a thin coating. Allow to cool and set in the refrigerator as you prepare the filling.
- By hand or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until everything is smooth and uniform. It will be thick.
- Spoon a little of the peanut butter mixture into each muffin liner, filling the liner about 3/4 of the way. Smooth and flatten the top of the mixture as best as you can.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter mixture in each liner, filling close to the top of the liner. Garnish with a few flakes of sea salt. Let set completely in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove each candy from the pan, and serve!
- Category: Chocolate
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Candy
Keywords: peanut butter cups, peanut butter, chocolate, sea salt, candy