This pepperoni pizza lasagna is a mash-up of two of your favorite Italian recipes, all in one giant casserole dish.
- 1 16-oz box lasagna noodles (use gluten-free if needed, not no-boil)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Drain well. Lay out on paper towels or clean kitchen towels in single layer without overlapping, so the noodles don’t stick together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the pasta cooks, add turkey, spices (paprika through black pepper), and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the turkey is cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces. Drain any fat from the pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Sparad about 2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes in the bottom of an 11-by-14-inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the dish with a single layer of lasagna noodles, overlapping the edges slightly.
- Spread half of the turkey mixture over the noodles.
- Spread half of the remaining tomatoes evenly over the turkey.
- Place half of the pepperoni in an even layer over the top.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the cheese.
- Add another layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat layers of turkey, tomatoes, pepperoni, and cheese with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lasagna
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna, pepperoni, pepperoni pizza, ground turkey