With a spicy and bold flavor, blackened chicken upgrades that humble poultry into something truly delicious for dinner.
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp canola oil or unsalted butter
- Place all of the dry spices in a small mixing bowl. Add garlic and stir until well combined, and mash the garlic pieces to release a little liquid.
- Pat the chicken tenderloins dry with a paper towel. Rub both sides of each with the seasoning mix.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloins in a single layer, and cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until meat is browned and easily releases from the pan. Turn over and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside and reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: chicken, poultry, blackened, cajun spice