This cherry chicken salad with almonds is just the refreshing meal that your lunch routine has been missing. You’re going to love this twist on a classic.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted and unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups packed mixed greens
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, orange juice, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the cabbage, apple, onion, and chicken in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Add nuts, cherries, and sesame seeds and give everything a final toss.
- Cover and refrigerate to let the flavors meld together for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Divide greens between four plates. Divide chicken salad evenly between the plates and serve.
- Category: Chicken Salad
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: chicken salad, dried cherries, almonds