Marinated in a bright and herby lemon garlic sauce, this citrus roasted chicken is sure to become a Sunday night dinner staple.
- 1/4 cup avocado or canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole roasted chicken (3-4 pounds), broken down into eight pieces
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, honey, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in a large resealable bag or container and pour marinade over the top. Marinate in fridge for 8 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to roast, preheat oven to 400oF.
- Arrange half of the lemon slices in the bottom of a 9-by-11-inch baking dish and then place marinated chicken pieces on top in an even layer. Pour leftover marinade over chicken and then top with remaining lemon slices.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F and the thighs are 170°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Protein
Keywords: chicken, lemon