Put dinner on the table in 30 minutes easily with our Buffalo baked chicken cutlets, spicy poultry that’s crunchy and juicy.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Buffalo style hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (about 1–1.5 lbs total weight)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a wide-mouthed bowl, stir together salt, pepper, and all-purpose flour.
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a shallow bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and blue cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry with paper towels. Dredge one chicken cutlet in the seasoned flour, then coat with the hot sauce and butter mixture. Place cutlet on top of the panko blue cheese crumbs and gently press down to coat one side. Turn the cutlet over and press down again gently to coat, being sure to cover the edges as well.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
Note: For a dairy-free version of this recipe, use a non-dairy margarine like Earth Balance and omit the blue cheese, or substitute with a lactose-free brand.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizer
Keywords: chicken, buffalo, hot sauce, spicy, appetizer, quick, easy