Beer isn’t just for drinking anymore. This juicy grilled lager and lemon chicken is a tasty way to enjoy your favorite brew outside the glass.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs work great too, about 3 lbs total)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Place all ingredients inside a gallon-size zip top bag. Seal tightly and shake to distribute evenly. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill. Discard bag.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until an instant read thermometer registers 165˚F. Serve immediately.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: grilled chicken, beer, lager, lemon, marinade