Coated with flaxseeds and gluten-free breadcrumbs, your family is going to love these healthier homemade chicken fingers.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices gluten-free bread (or whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a metal cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add eggs to a shallow bowl or small baking dish. Whisk well with a fork and set aside.
- Place bread, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, paprika, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process for about 1 minute, or until small crumbs form. Transfer to a shallow baking dish or large plate and set aside.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Slice chicken into 1-inch-thick strips and set aside.
- Assemble your ingredients in the following order from left to right: chicken, beaten egg, breadcrumbs, and the baking sheet.
- To bread the chicken, place a strip into the egg, and allow the excess egg to drip off as you slowly pick it up. Next, put the strip on top of breadcrumb mixture and lightly roll to coat on all sides. Place on the cooling rack-topped baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining strips.
- Bake chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: chicken, chicken fingers, healthy recipes, gluten-free, flaxseed, sesame seed, sunflower seed