This delicious and easy salsa verde chicken bake only requires 4 ingredients and one pan to make it. With a cheesy topping, it’s a quick protein option.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 lbs total weight)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces jarred or homemade salsa verde, plus more for serving
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Season chicken breasts evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish so they fit relatively snugly.
- Pour salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 150˚F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Increase temperature to 400˚F and return pan to oven.
- Bake for 5-8 more minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling. The poultry is done when the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and extra salsa if you like. Serve warm over rice, or with your choice of sides.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chicken, salsa verde, cheese