Busy week? Whip up our slow cooker chicken teriyaki to enjoy after a long day. The flavorful poultry is so juicy, ideal for serving over rice.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teapsoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (green parts only)
- Place soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, and onion in a bowl and stir to mix together.
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the sauce and pour in chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board. Shred it with two forks, then return it to the slow cooker and stir into the sauce.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: chicken, poultry, teriyaki, slow cooker