All-purpose slow cooker Tex-Mex chicken is perfect for shaking up your weeknight dinner routine, with countless serving possibilities to enjoy.
- 1–1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo, chopped, plus 3 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces salsa
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chipotles, adobo sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour salsa mixture over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken using two forks, in the slow cooker with the salsa.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Tex-Mex, chicken, slow cooker, chipotles in adobo