You won’t be able to resist the flavor of our sunflower seed spinach pesto grilled chicken, a simple main dish for weeknights.
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 lbs total weight)
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup packed parsley or basil leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grease a grill, grill pan, or cast iron skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and preheat on high heat.
- Grill chicken until cooked through and browned, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or a high-speed blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pesto over cooked chicken. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: pesto, grilled chicken, chicken breast, sunflower seeds, spinach