This balsamic chicken recipe is a skillet dish that packs a big punch of sweet and savory flavor. It’s a juicy, tender one-pan entree.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4– 4.5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, sugar, garlic, dried herbs, and onion powder. Place the chicken breasts in a resealable bag with the marinade. Seal and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the remaining liquid.
- Place the chicken breast halves in the heated pan and cook until they start to brown and are no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Decrease heat to medium-low. Add the rest of the marinade to the skillet, and cook until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken back to the sauce, turn to coat, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: chicken, balsamic, balsamic vinegar, marinade