Getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes? It’s the ultimate goal. Thai noodle bowls with chicken make the goal a reality in a flavorful way.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add chicken to the onion and garlic mixture, and cook until browned and cooked through. Be sure to break it up into small pieces as it cooks. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cooked noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, tamarind paste, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir in red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and serve warm with chopped peanuts and additional chopped cilantro.
- Category: Noodle Bowls
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: noodle bowl, rice noodles, ground chicken, chicken, Thai