When you feel like treating yourself to a flavorful and fresh lunch, reach for one of these chicken Waldorf salad wraps.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 red apples (like Gala or Fuji), cored and chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 2 medium stalks)
- 3/4 cup walnut halves and pieces, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise or yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and honey. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples and lemon juice. Add grapes, celery, walnuts, raisins, and chicken, and toss to combine.
- Add dressing and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate to let the flavors meld together for at least 1 hour.
- Add a couple large spoonfuls (at least 1/2 cup for small tortillas and 1 cup for large tortillas) of the salad into the middle of each tortilla and roll tightly, like a burrito.
- Serve immediately, or wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate. Wraps can be made 1 day in advance.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad wrap, Waldorf salad, chicken