This 15-minute sesame noodles recipe offers a quick, easy way to bring the flavors of takeout home, and the tasty sauce has so much depth.
- 1 lb long, thin pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a large pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water before draining in a colander. Return pasta to the pot you cooked it in.
- Meanwhile, add soy sauce, chili garlic paste, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and minced ginger to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the pan of pasta back over medium heat. Add sauce and reserved pasta water to the pan. Stir well to coat, and continue tossing until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with green onions, and cilantro and/or sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately.
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: sesame noodles, scallions, sesame seeds