Skip the sugary jarred stuff. Whip up a comforting bowl of rustic, homemade cinnamon-scented applesauce that comes together in no time.
- 5 medium-sized slightly sweet apples (like Honeycrisp or Fuji)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch kosher salt
- Peel and core the apples, and then dice them into small chunks.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the apples, sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Stirring occasionally, cook until the apples have softened, about 30-40 minutes.
- Using a blender, food processor, or potato masher, break down the apples, making sure to keep the consistency somewhat chunky. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Fruit
Keywords: applesauce, cinnamon, snack, fruit