Healthier Southern corn pudding is a cross between a casserole and cornbread, making it a tasty addition to any gathering that you have planned.
- 6–7 ears fresh corn, husks removed (about 3–4 cups corn kernels)
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk kefir, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch square ceramic, metal, or glass baking dish.
- Cut corn kernels from cobs into a large bowl, and discard cobs.
- In a small bowl, stir together coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, kefir, and melted butter until combined.
- Slowly whisk sugar mixture into egg mixture, until smooth. Add corn and stir together until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until set.
- Set aside for a few minutes before serving, and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: corn pudding, corn, einkorn flour, kefir