If you’ve got a cake craving but savory is your jam, this spinach pie swimming with salty feta and walnuts is too good to be true.
- Unsalted butter (for greasing the pan)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round baking dish or cake pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring to combine. Fold in the spinach, walnuts, raisins, and feta.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Adapted from Honey & Jam by Hannah Queen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: spinach, feta, raisin, walnut