These crunchy cowboy cookies are simple to make, with an addictive mix of coconut, pecans, oats, and chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup gently packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture, beating until just incorporated without overmixing. Add the oats, chocolate, pecans, and coconut and mix until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto the baking sheets, spacing a couple inches away from each other. Refrigerate the shaped dough for 10 minutes.
- Bake until the edges begin to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: oats, chocolate chips, coconut, pecan, cookie