Coconut sugar lemon curd gives you all the tart flavor with an added twist that makes it stand out from the traditional version.
- 3 large egg yolks
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into four equal pieces
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut sugar in a small saucepan, and whisk to combine. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and stir with a wooden spoon while it warms up. You’ll need to scrape down the sides and the bottom while the mixture cooks. When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon, it’s done. This should take around 5 minutes.
- Once it hits that point, remove from heat, and add the butter one tablespoon at a time, stirring between additions until it melts completely into the mixture. Pour the curd into a non-reactive glass container or bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and press it down to make contact with the surface of the curd. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spread on your favorite breakfast treats, use it to flavor other types of baked goods and desserts, or make cookie sandwiches with about 2 teaspoons of lemon curd spread between two cookies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Spreads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: lemon curd, coconut sugar, butter, eggs, lemon juice