Looking for a fragrant twist on your treats? These lavender cookies are slightly sweet, oh-so-buttery, and bursting with floral notes.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream together shortening, butter, and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, and beat to combine thoroughly after each addition.
- With the mixer still on, add vanilla and almond extracts and beat to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together flour, lavender, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the dry mixture a little at a time to the wet mixture. Beat until the batter is thoroughly just combined. Do not overmix..
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto two greased baking sheets, or sheet pans lined with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- Bake until the tops are lightly golden, about 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on the trays before transferring to wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: lavender, cookie