Pass the milk and load up on a few chewy chocolate chip cookies with pumpkin. You won’t be able to resist gobbling these up.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, flax seed, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Turn off the mixer and add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Combine on low speed. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture. Turn off mixer and gently fold in the chocolate chips, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. You should be able to fit 12 cookies on each. Chill the baking sheets for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on the sheet pans for about 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat measuring dough, chilling, and baking with the remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: pumpkin, chocolate chips, cookie, oats, fall recipes