Don’t like crispy and crunchy cookies? These homemade einkorn cookies are so soft and chewy, and the spices provide an intoxicating aroma.
- 2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter together at high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the molasses and blend at high speed until incorporated. Add the egg and blend again at high speed until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and briefly mix again.
- Add half of the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just incorporated. Add the remaining flour mixture, and blend at low speed until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Using a 1-ounce (2-tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion the dough and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch of space between each portion.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: einkorn, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, spice, molasses, cookie