If you’re looking for the ideal baked goodie, these spelt walnut dark chocolate chip cookies are where it’s at. Plus, they’re vegan.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 ounces 80% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, Sucanat, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the wet ingredients: maple syrup, molasses, vanilla extract, and coconut oil..
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place spoonfuls of batter 2 tablespoons at a time on baking sheets, spaced 1-2 inches apart. Sprinkle remaining sea salt on top of each and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges with soft centers.
- Remove from oven. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: spelt flour, walnut, dark chocolate