For a perfectly poppable treat, try our cacao bliss balls. They’re bursting with chewy dates and cashews, and rolled in sweet coconut.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place the dates in a large bowl of warm water to soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepot over low heat. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- Add the almonds and cashews to a food processor and pulse until very finely ground.
- Remove the dates, and reserve about 1 cup of the water. Add the dates to the food processor along with the cooled coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, salt, 6 tablespoons shredded coconut, and the chia seeds. Blend, dripping in a few tablespoons of the date liquid if the mixture is dry, until it comes together and starts to form a ball. The mixture should be sticky and uniform. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Line a quarter-size sheet pan with wax paper and lay another piece on your counter.
- Turn the mixture out onto the paper on your counter and wet your hands to prevent it from sticking. Using a tablespoon measure as your guide, roll the nut and date mixture into bite-size balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Arrange on the prepared pan with some space in between each, so they don’t accidentally roll into each other and stick together.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, to allow the balls to firm up slightly.
- Place the remaining shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. One at a time, toss the balls to coat. Arrange on a plate and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving, until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chocolate
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Snack
Keywords: cacao powder, ball, snack, date, coconut, almond