Although they taste and look like you’ve expended considerable effort, these easy chocolate-covered strawberries can be made in 15-minutes. Not too sweet but as decadent as a box of Swiss chocolates – they are much better for your waist line.
- 4 ounces cacao (i.e., unsweetened chocolate, like Baker’s)
- 1/2 stick butter
- Organic maple syrup, to taste (start with 3 oz)
- A dash of sea salt
- Up to 1 pint organic strawberries, washed and dried
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together the chocolate and butter until smooth. Add maple syrup to taste and remove from heat when you like the sweetness level. Add a dash of sea salt.
- Arrange strawberries on a parchment-lined dish or baking sheet. Holding them by their greens, dip into chocolate, rolling to cover around the sides. Lift, let chocolate drip off, and place on parchment.
- Repeat until you’re out of chocolate or out of strawberries, whichever comes first (the size of your strawberries will affect how many you can make).
- Chill in refrigerator until set, about an hour or so. Enjoy!
- Category: Fruit
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: chocolate, strawberries, fresh fruit, maple syrup