Dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and rice cereal combine with melted dark chocolate to create little bites for a snack or fun party food. Read more now.
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60-75% cacao), chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Arrange 24 mini muffin cups on a large tray or half-sized rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add the pecans to a small dry skillet and place it over medium heat. Toast the nuts while stirring occasionally for about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a cutting board and cool slightly before chopping into small pieces.
- While the pecans are cooling, melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Whisk in the coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine the cereal, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and granulated sugar until evenly distributed.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl, and gently fold it in with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is completely incorporated with the other ingredients.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to measure and carefully drop even portions of the mixture into each muffin cup.
- Transfer the tray to the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate is set, about 20-30 minutes. Serve, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Chocolate
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: chocolate, pecan, dried cranberry, rice crisps, cereal