Massive chocolate craving? Make our easy recipe for smooth and rich old-fashioned cocoa fudge frosting to spread on your favorite desserts.
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces, 170.1 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup (110 g) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (118 g) water
- 2 teaspoons (8.67 g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.85 g) salt
- 3 cups (360 g) powdered sugar, sifted
Blend the butter with the cocoa powder in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the corn syrup and mix until very thick and smooth. Scrape down the bowl.
Bring the water to a boil in a small pot, or heat in the microwave until boiling in a heatproof bowl. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the hot water into the butter mixture. Add the vanilla and salt, and scrape down the bowl.
Add the powdered sugar a little at a time to the bowl and beat for 2 minutes on high speed, until the icing is completely smooth, glossy, and thick.
Decorate as you wish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: cocoa, fudge, frosting, chocolate