- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts*
- 1 cup smooth apricot jam
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- For the dough, mix the flour and half of the sugar in a bowl. Add eggs and half the butter and mix, then knead everything together. Form a ball and set aside in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- For the topping, place the remaining butter and sugar in a small saucepan with a tablespoon of water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, and stir in the ground almonds and chopped hazelnuts. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Roll the dough out into a thin rectangle the size of a baking sheet and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread with the apricot jam, and then distribute the nut mixture on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While still warm, cut into triangles.
- When cooled completely, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Dunk the corners of each wedge into the chocolate to coat. Cool on a wire rack or in the refrigerator so the chocolate coating solidifies before serving.