Fudgy, flourless, gluten-free brownies are a decadent dessert with a sneaky secret. No one will ever guess they are filled with black beans.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained well
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter an 8-inch-square baking pan and set aside.
- Place black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Remove the blade and gently stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using.
- Pour into prepared pan, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Let cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from The Whole Foods Cookbook, [easyazon_link identifier="1478944978" locale="US" tag="foodal02-20"]available on Amazon[/easyazon_link].
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: brownie, chocolate, gluten-free, flourless, black beans