Sweet and tart, naturally sweetened strawberry gelatin is a healthy homemade dessert. It’s simple to make, with just five ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, divided (about 20 ounces)
- 3 ounces lime juice (from about 2–3 large)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Additional sliced strawberries, for serving (optional)
- Slice stems from strawberries and puree 2 cups fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Slice remaining strawberries and set aside.
- Strain puree through a medium or fine mesh strainer into a bowl. This should yield about 1 cup of puree.
- Stir in lime juice and honey.
- Measure 1/2 cup puree into a mixing bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Set aside to bloom for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the remaining puree and the water, and bring to a boil.
- Whisk the hot puree into the bowl with the puree and gelatin mixture, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. When the mixture is as thick as the white of an egg, spoon off any foam that has risen to the surface.
- Add the sliced strawberries to molds or 4 glasses and pour the chilled mixture into each container, about 1/2 cup each. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, until it wobbles.
- To unmold, dip each mold in warm water for 1 minute, then invert onto a plate. Or, serve directly in a glass. Top with whipped cream and additional sliced fruit before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Gelatin
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Strawberry, gelatin, honey