Made without butter or flour, these raw brownies are naturally sweetened and topped with an irresistibly fudgy chocolate avocado frosting.
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 9 large)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado, mashed
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
To Make the Brownies:
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting a few inches of excess hang off the sides to create a sling for easy removal.
- Combine walnuts, dates, and ⅓ cup cocoa powder in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is soft but crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons water and pulse again until the mixture sticks together well.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan and pat down firmly into an even, compact layer. Set aside.
To Make the Frosting:
- Place avocado, honey, ¼ cup cocoa powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in the food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over the brownie layer.
- Place loaf pan in freezer for 30-60 minutes, or until firm.
- Using the parchment sling, lift the brownies out of the loaf pan.
- Slice into 10 pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Brownies
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Desserts
Keywords: brownie, raw, avocado, frosting, no-bake, vegetarian, dessert